Am 05.04.2011 01:36, schrieb Peter Schwede:
> On 04/05/2011 12:46 AM, Thorsten Sperber wrote:
> > aaaah! you put the spawn(..) line in your rc.lua on first level...I
> > meant to put it in the menu or as action for a keybinding ;)
> >

> Well, I'm pretty sure, I did very much like you thought/told.
>
> I guess, my laptop is just some weirdo, especially when it comes to
> suspending it. So, never mind.

suspend is a bit complicated, unrelated to awesome. Depending on your
hardware, you may have success by tweaking the suspend process or not.
There are many resources out there, you should read some of them ;)

/var/log/pm-*.log
man pm-suspend (the quirks modi, most important part)
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_ACPI_suspend-to-ram
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_kernel_problems#Suspend.2FResume_failure
(looks promising)
http://www.linux.com/news/hardware/laptops/8253-how-to-suspend-and-hibernate-a-laptop-under-linux
(looks weird, but may be worth a try)

If you still don't know how to fix your S3, look for help on a populated
linux board (forums.debian.net / debianforum.de would be my personal
choice ;) ), most of the problems are distro independent.