Sorry for not sending to the list...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: Progressbar height - Unexpected behaviour
Date:   Thu, 06 Oct 2011 22:39:47 +0100
From:   Ignas Anikevicius <anikevic...@gmail.com>
To:     Adrian C. <an...@sysphere.org>

On 25/09/11 18:59, Adrian C. wrote:
> Try like this:
> fubar = awful.widget.progressbar()
> fubar:set_height(25):set_width(25)

I have tried that, but it does not give what I want. It is probably
because I use git/master... so I read Lua API slightly more and come up
with an idea to use the wibox.layout.margin commands as can be found
here:
https://github.com/gns-ank/dotfiles/blob/master/config/awesome/widgets/mixer.lua
(the widget is used in a horizontal wibox on the top of the screen)

Thank you for your help though...

> Then we can see why API documentation claims function new() accepts
> width and height, yet they are not applied.

And the new() indeed accepts width and height, but it does not have an
effect, depending on the layout being used.

Does anybody think, that it would be wise to document it somewhere, so
that others would not run into a similar issue? Or is the Lua API
documentation sufficient?

All best,
Ignas

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?