G'Day Alexey,

I also use VNC - possibly not in the same way but I hope my comment helps...

Using Awesome, "Remmina" as my RDP client and a number of VirtualBox VMs
running "headless".

Remmina is setup to show the taskbar icon which gives a nice shortcut menu to
my VMs [I have a tweak in my LUA to "kill" Remina on the window activation -
just kills the window but leaves the icon ;-) ]

When an RDP session starts they are in fullscreen and usually do not capture
the "mod-4 + #" combination, allowing me to open several sessions on different
tabs and easily flick between them. However (and this is the bit that I expect
may help you), sometimes the "mod-4 + #" combination does not seem to work -
For me, "Right-Control + F" tells Remmina to show it's menu which has a handy
"keyboard capture" icon. Clearing the capture icon has always resolved the key
capturing for me and then I return to full-screen

Regards

Dave

David Sorkovsky

home: +61 2 9945 3800