On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:20:48 +0000 (UTC)
John Christopher <johnchristopherinter...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am on lubuntu 11.10, awesome 3.4.10
>
> Everytime I restart/quit/crash awesome my .fehbg file is being overwritten
> with:
> feh --bg-scale '/usr/share/awesome/themes/$background_path'
>
> $background_path being zenburn/zenburn-background.png or
> default/default-background.png
>
> I use feh to set up my wallpaper and invoke it via sh ~/.fehbg at the end of
> my
> rc.lua.
> I ended up copying .fehbg to .fehbg.backup and run that instead but it puzzles
> me why .fehbg is being rewritten.

That would be because your theme sets the wallpaper with feh, causing it to
store it in .fehbg.
So basically, you're setting your wallpaper twice.

You can avoid this by setting theme.wallpaper_cmd in your theme to run sh
~/.fehbg for you instead of doing that in rc.lua.

I hope this helps,
Arjan Bouter