hey guys, i just want to let you know that i wrote a little tool to
restore a previous awesome session.

https://github.com/dodo/uzful/blob/master/restore.lua

when awesome shuts down it saves all window states in a file and tries
to restore them on next start.
so all window states survive at least an awsome.restart.

sadly i had to throw the savefile into the config dir because its a
lua file and i want to require it to load it, but couldn't find a way
to require from cache dir.
is there an other way to store auto generated lua files in a place
related to the user ? (imho cache would be perfectly for this)

restoring after a reboot isn't quite well yet, because i didn't found
a way to track the spawn process in a async way, but i think this
issue is only a matter of time (lua-ev <3).
my idea is that a widget shows all windows that where open in last
awesome session but now not any more and when you click on the spawn
button it tries to spawn all processes and restore their properties.
but its hard to determine which new window is belonging to which
process (some process have more than one window).

anyway, if somebody wants to hack on it please feel free to make a
pull request :)

-- the awesome.restart after each xrandr was just too much pain for me.

p.s. sorry for the dirty code :P
(this was a one night project)