On 31.10.2012, 19:15, Alexandru Băluț wrote:
> You can change these methods to return nil if you don't want the widget to
> appear.
That's an idea. Well, I still prefer having just one function in my
mspec-file that I change so I don't have to change the code that creates
my widgets but just the one function that "collects" them (because then
I can also insert separator-widgets "dynamically", without adding these
separators to the widget itself), but this does sound as a valid workaround.

But I'm still open for ideas! ;)

> Or if you want to move that logic into rc.lua, you can use variables:
> myvolwidget = <condition> and mspec.volwidget() or nil
That's exactly what I do not want. When switching to a entirely new
system I do not even want to have to touch my rc.lua, I just want to
make changes in my machine-specific file.

Definitely: Thanks Andre and Alexandru!

Manuel