Hi all,

After using the default (?) maximize keybinding for a while I would
rather prefer it that modkey+m would simpley switch to the maximized
layout to immediately maximize all clients and avoid some weird
behaviour I sometimes see with maximized clients (they are sometimes
behind other clients right after maximizing). I guess this should be
doable using awful.layout.set('awful.layout.suit.max').
However when pressing modkey+m again, I'd like to switch back to the
previous layout for the tag, similar to the regular modkey+m keybinding.
I'm not entirely sure how to do this. I could store the layout for the
current tag in a table right before switching to the max layout and
lookup the previous layout in the table when restoring from it.
Has anyone done something like this already? Maybe it's just a crazy idea...

Kind regards,
Jeroen

--
website: http://budts.be/ - twitter: @teranex