Hello,

I've recently switched to running Git master (@g39aace5) after
years of sticking with 3.4.15, as I didn't want to redo most of my
config.

The main motivation for the switch was that I was told that the most
annoying behaviour of Firefox to steal my focus whenever a URL is
loaded was fixed 6 years ago.

So now my config is migrated and I feel much better about it, but
the Firefox bug persists! :(

If I have Firefox (v45) and a terminal on the same tag, and I run
"firefox http://debian.org"; in the terminal, Debian's website opens
in a new tab in Firefox (good!), *and* focus is shifted to that
window (bad!).

If Firefox is not visible at the time, it does not get focused, but
instead marked urgent (the property::urgent signal fires).

HOWEVER, the signal does *NOT* fire when Firefox is on the same tag
and already visible. Instead, focus is shifted directly.

I can't seem to tell this piece-of-junk Firefox to simply stop
pretending to be so important, so now I am wondering whether and how
Awesome can help!?

How can I find out what causes the focus shift?

What can be done to prevent this behaviour?

Please do note that I'd like to stay clear of hacks such as
https://awesomewm.org/wiki/Workaround_plugins_that_steal_the_keyboard_focus
(i.e. restoring the focus), but instead just prevent the wrong
behaviour altogether.

Thanks,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"the surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in
 higher esteem those who think alike than those who think
 differently."
                                              -- friedrich nietzsche

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net