Could someone review the fix?

   Thanks,
   Alexandr.

On 8/10/2012 6:00 PM, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:

Could you review the updated fix:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alexsch/7171045/webrev.02/

The comments are below:

On 8/7/2012 6:47 PM, Mike Swingler wrote:
I noticed that, NSWindow's windowNumber is NSInteger, which is 32 bits wide on 32-bit and 64 bits wide on 64-bit. Chopping that to a simple 32 bit int is probably not what you intended to do.
     fixed.
Also, have you considered simply calling -[NSWindow setAcceptsMouseMovedEvents:YES] in -[AWTView initWithRect:], and then removing the calls that flip it on and off in -[AWTView mouseEntered:] and -[AWTView mouseExited"]? This would also require a change in Java_sun_lwawt_macosx_CPlatformWindow_nativeSetNSWindowBounds(), which has a comment that states it only turns on mouse moved events if the window is currently under the mouse.
I tried it. The result that I got is that a dragging mouse from one window to another does not generate mouse enter/exit events on the second window in case when tracking rect is used and the acceptsMouseMovedEvents flag is always set to YES.

I would think that AppKit should be more than happy to send you mouse-over/enter/exited events as long as you say you want them. Was this approach tried and didn't work for some reason?
Hi, Alexander.
Probably all this stuff can be simplified? Can you try to change TrackingRect to TrackingArea with appropriate flags like NSTrackingEnabledDuringMouseDrag etc.
I changed the TrackingRect to TrackingArea in the updated fix. It now generates the mouse enter/exit events on the second window during drag.
    So it is not necessary to generates such events from our side.

The getTopmostWindowUnderMouse is necessary to handle mouse enter/exit events for component in case when a mouse is dragged from one window to another. Where the second window contains it's own components and the only way to know about tracking over them are drag events which receives the first window.

I think that the LWWindowPeer class code can be simplified if we assume that window mouse enter/exit events are always come to the current window. So the component mouse enter/exit events can be tracked only in the current or topmost window. For this case I separated the global lastCommonMouseEventPeer which is necessary for the cursor manager and the local lastMouseEventPeer.

According to the specification: The proper order of mouse-entered and mouse-exited events received by tracking-area objects in an application cannot be guaranteed. https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/EventOverview/TrackingAreaObjects/TrackingAreaObjects.html So it seems it is not possible to have one lastMouseEventPeer instead of two: lastCommonMouseEventPeer and lastMouseEventPeer.

And there are possible situations that we can receive mouse drag event between enter and exit. To handle this the isMouseOver flag is added to the LWWindowPeer class. So the component mouse enter/exit events are not generated if the window mouse exited event is received and window mouse entered is not.

There is the test: test/java/awt/Mouse/EnterExitEvents/ResizingFrameTest.java It shows that even using the TrackingArea some mouse enter/exit events are not generateed in the following cases:
     - window is created under the mouse
     - window changes it's bounds so it becomes under the mouse

For this cases it still necessary to generate mouse enter/exit events from our side. I just moved the related code to one method synthesizeMouseEnteredExitedEventsForAllWindows.

  Thanks,
  Alexandr.