On 10/20/2015 6:13 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
On 20.10.15 13:33, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:

On 10/19/2015 8:12 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
On 18.09.15 18:50, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
Why do you think so? Each app context KFM has own keystrokes if it is
initialized from the thread that belongs to its ThreadGroup.
Sorry. I see what you mean. That is corrected as well:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ssadetsky/8130895/webrev.02/

After the changes in KeyboardFocusManager.java it seems it is
unnecessary to add the KfmAccessor holder in
KeyboardFocusManagerPeerImpl?
Why? KfmAccessor just fixes the bug because KFM should be created on the
corresponding EDT thread bounded with the application context.

But the old code in KeyboardFocusManagerPeerImpl did not create the new KFM, it saves an accessor to the class of KFM, which causes an initialization of KFM class and uses of Appcontext data in static initialization. But the problem with static initialization was fixed in KeyboardFocusManager.java, why we still need the holder?

Right. It also fixes new KFM instance. But KFM class is not needed for peer.getCurrentFocusOwner(). If, for example, a AWT robot is used without creation any components, the KFM class is not used. Its static initialization is rather heavy and consumes RAM. So I would keep KFM initialization lazy for that reason.

It works
because XAWT and system EDT share the same thread group but generally it
is not valid to request app context on XAWT thread. And KFM instance is
not used by XAWT it only needs the peer.

--Semyon