Hi Ambarish,

I confirm that your solution fixes the bug on 32-bit Ubuntu. But it doesn't help 64-bit Ubuntu and the test fails there. I 'd like to note that we should fix the root cause of the issue. Solutions like test workaround need to be substantiated.

--Semyon

On 11/6/2015 12:19 PM, Ambarish Rapte wrote:

Hi Semyon,

I use 32 bit ubuntu 14.04 LTS on Oracle virtual box 5.0.6. ( Downloaded from here http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop )

After creating the image, I did not install any updates on ubuntu.

Installed only basic needed packages for jdk build, like mercurial, jdk 1.8 & build dependencies prompted by sh configure.

As we see the difference in behavior, what kind of system information would be needed with the JIRA issue ?

Many Thanks,

Ambarish

*From:*Semyon Sadetsky
*Sent:* Thursday, November 05, 2015 6:24 PM
*To:* Ambarish Rapte; Prasanta Sadhukhan; awt-dev@openjdk.java.net <mailto:awt-dev@openjdk.java.net> *Subject:* Re: Review request for 8048171: Test java/awt/Mixing/AWT_Mixing/OpaqueOverlappingChoice.java fails on solaris, linux but passes on windows

Hi Ambarish,

I have double-checked the fix, but again I got it failed for jdk8 and jdk9-b88 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. See what I get:

Testing Choice
The test failed: Opacity test mismatchs
The test failed: Opacity test mismatchs
The test is over, hit  Ctl-C to stop Java VM
The test is over, hit  Ctl-C to stop Java VM
STDERR:
do not skipTestingEmbeddedFrame
Expected: 010000101
Observed: 001000000001001
java.lang.RuntimeException: Opacity test mismatchs

What OS version do you use for testing?

Since you found a new bug in Choice component it would be perfect to have it JIRA.

--Semyon