Hi Sergey,

The fix looks correct to me.

On 9/14/2016 6:35 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
Hello.

Please review the small fix for jdk9. Note that I plan to backport it to jdk8:
That would be really good, thanks!

Regards,
Anton.

NSApplicationAWT class have a special method which posts event to the native queue. This event is used to execute the block of code which contains CFRelease for some native resource. It was implemented in this way (instead of simple "performOnmMainThread") because we should filter this event when the nested native loop is active. The problem is that this method overretain the block. [block copy] copy the block from the stack and retain it(or just retain if the block is in memory already), and since we retain it again we get a memory leak, because we release it only once in NSApplicationAWT.sendEvent(). The leak is quite small but the code can be executed lots of time which cause allocation of unreasonable amount of memory. There is no test since the leak is native, and it will be necessary to spend lots of time to fill the whole native memory and swap.

The bug was found when I worked on 'other fix', and some other memory leaks will be fixed separately in 'other fix'.

Patch can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8165717/webrev.00