Updated the "behavior is undefined" section:

On 10/6/16 6:14 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
On 10/6/2016 3:38 PM, Alexander Zvegintsev wrote:

Hi Semyon,

Yes it is, Microsoft defined some set of rules for such case[0].

However it looks redundant and too implementation-specific(which can be changed) for me.
I didn't mean to specify the behavior for Windows platform. It seems that any desktop platform may have its own rules for this case. "Unspecified behavior" just sounds a bit like a warning to me. Maybe it worth to write that this behavior is a platform specific, or don't mention the scenario at all since those rules cannot be changed by JDK anyway. But it is just a recommendation, the decision is up to you.

Reformatted for 80 chars in place.
Thanks. Looks good then.

[0] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd391698(v=vs.85).aspx#How_the_Taskbar_Button_Chooses_the_Progress_Indicator_for_a_Group