That sounds useful, but is your example code complete? Don't you need to declare the "image" variable with the appropriate generic type?

Also, do we get a lot of compiler warnings if you want to ignore the generics in other code? What's the pain point if you don't care what the types of the images are? (I suppose the most common case is that people have an "Image" without even realizing that it is an MRI in the first place so this is only for those who want to manipulate MRIs)...

                        ...jim