On 31/03/2017 17:36, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

Hello,
Please review the fix for jdk9.

There is an optional dependency of java.datatransfer module from java.desktop.
If the java.desktop module is not present then the application will not be able
to use  java.awt.Image and related DataFlavor.imageFlavor.
So the specification is updated to clarify this behavior. Note that the text
«not successfully loaded» is used, because it is also used for the similar
issue in the constructor of this class.

Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8177672/webrev.00
I think I would go for something like:

"Return null if java.awt.Image is not visible, the java.desktop module is not loaded, or the java.desktop module is not in the run-time image."

We have one or two other sentences like this in other areas that we need to adjust and get consistent.

-Alan