On 04/07/2017 04:42 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

6 апр. 2017 г., в 23:26, Semyon Sadetsky <semyon.sadet...@oracle.com <mailto:semyon.sadet...@oracle.com>> написал(а):

On 04/06/2017 01:09 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

Sergey, could you replace CountDownLatch::await() call with its limited wait time analog. If the test fails it blocks execution for 2 minutes in the current version.

2 minutes is a default time out for jtreg tests, if something goes wrong like something hangs, then we wait 2 minutes and interrupt the test. After interruption the jtreg will generate the dump for all threads which can be useful to check why the event was not generated by the robot.
You are able to print out this useful information after timeout in the catch block.

We already have a mechanism which kills the tests after timeout, we also have a default timeout of 2 minutes.
I am not sure how to get dump of all threads from the catch block.
But shouldn't the time frame when a mouse click may come be limited? Will it be correct when the click triggered after 2 minutes delay makes the test passed anyway?

I would prefer to avoid any infinite waiting because if the listener is not triggered in several second it will unlikely be triggered at all. But if a number of such tests fails for some reason the execution time becomes so long that the test report cannot be obtained in a reasonable time.