Hi,

Please review fix for JDK 9,

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pkbalakr/8179014/webrev.00/

Issue:

JFileChooser with Windows LAF crashes on Windows 10.

This issue is reproducible only on Windows 10 (v1703).

Creating GodMode directory is the only way we are able to reproduce this issue.

Cause:

IShellFolder::GetDisplayNameOf() method is used to retrieve the display name of
folder/subfolder using the GUID.

This method  returns NULL for GodMode directory [i.e., folder created with
name: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}].

In previous version of windows (tested on v1511) this call returns name
"GodMode".

Hence we get crash when processing the return data from the this method.

Why only on Windows LAF?

Unlike other LAFs in Windows LAF "useSystemExtensionHiding" is set to true.

This check avoids the call to IShellFolder::GetDisplayNameOf() method in all
other LAF's.

Hence crash is not reported on other LAFs.

Fix:

Added missing NULL checks in native method.

This results in native method returning NULL in this case, which has already
been handled on java side, hence no additional change is needed.

Regards,

Prem