Hi, Krishna.> The problem is internally, Win32ShellFolderManager2.java, the function
“isFileSystemRoot” is called, which lists the contents of all the root drives, in addition to including them. It also includes the hidden files. For each file present, it is wrapped with a “Win32ShellFolder2” object. So, for each query, it will list the files in the drives, and throws them away, which is leading to both memory consumption as well as slow performance.

If for each query we list the files in the drive and *throws* all of them away, then why(and where) we have a memory leak and as a result OOM.

--
Best regards, Sergey.