Hey guys,

please forgive me for posting here—I’m aware this might be the wrong place.
However it has to do with the UI, so I guess there is no better place...

I've just noticed that https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8188085
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8188085> was closed yesterday (no
idea by whom) without having been fixed.

Just to be clear—this is not about cosmetics or some rarely encountered issue
with an easy workaround. This is a *crippling* bug that breaks properly
packaged Swing apps on High Sierra that do not use English as their UI
language. I’m aware that this *may* not be a JDK bug, but an OS bug.

But I’m wondering: Has this been moved somewhere else? What’s the resolution?
Why was this bug closed?

Thanks,

-hendrik