Hi, Shashi.
On 18/04/2018 23:52, Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah wrote:
Hi Sergey, I checked with Prashanth on the external input method. It is just
same as change the locale and start input the characters in that locale. Once
we change the locale it will try to install sogu or other stuffs to get those
locale keys. But on the windows 10 it does not install anything but keyboard
language is changed and we can start input those characters. So when I checked
with input of different locale keys and found that most of them do generate the
keyTyped/keyPressed/keyReleased events for the java component which is same as
my implementation under this bug. Only for the Chinese input we only get the
keyTyped event. I think since we provide the superset I think this problem is
solved. So I think my current changes are fine so please let me know if you
have any comments on it.

I assume that you checked the steps above without the changes in files(AWTView.m/awt_Component.cpp/ etc). So external InputMethods(including Chinese input) works in java applications as-is. And it should work for windows/linux/macos. Why we need to change these files (AWTView.m/awt_Component.cpp/etc) instead of generate the same events, as input methods, using Robot API?

--
Best regards, Sergey.