Hello,

I've been looking at compiling the JDK with GCC 8.1, and trying to fix
issues upstream as I find them.
For example the version of HarfBuzz shipped in the JDK has some issues
with template specialization and with clearing a struct via memset()
(thus bypassing C++ member access restrictions).

I've had changes to address these issues accepted upstream [1], and I
was wondering if it is appropriate for me to file an issue to backport
those fixes (I have a patch ready) or do you prefer to wait until
HarfBuzz is upgraded to the latest version during the natural course of
JDK development.

(Be aware that the JDK is on a 1.7 version, while these fixes are in a
2.X version).

Thanks,
-Simon

[1] https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/pull/1334