Hi Harry,

Native Axapta can’t do process.  However there are some Axapta partner (ISV) add-ons that claim to do this.  I have not seen all of them.

Some of them:

  • US – FullScope
  • US - Apex Solutions
  • UK – Solitech

I saw write ups from FullScope and Solitech.  Both companies appear knowledgeable on the issues.

In a nut shell, Process manufacturing software:

1)       Allowing for multiple inputs and multiple outputs to the production process (as well as capability to handle co & by-products

2)       Allowing tracking of Characteristics on the Items consumed and produced.

3)       Support for alternate quantity (catch-weight, potency)

4)       Discreet manufacturing normally allows the produced (“assembled”) items to be disassembled and broken down into its original components – bicycle, car etc.

5)       Process Manufacturing’s produced items can not be taken back to its original form – for example; refining of an ounce of gold, baking a chocolate chip cookie, processing lubricants etc.

6)       Strong focus on Quality and Safety (MSDS, work permits, lock-out procedures etc.)

7)       Tight integration with maintenance (EAM) application.

8)       Etc.

Visit http://www.technology-evaluation.com/ they have some good articles on this subject.

Regards

Riaan