Dear NB

When the orders are getting generated, go to inquiries and check the net
requirements. You will mostly observev that the orders are getting generated
due to the stock being insufficient to satisfy the entire demand  for that
particular item.

Also go to the item master => Quantity Tab and check the multiples & min
order set for that item under inventory and purchase.

Mostly i feel that :

Total Demand = 170
Onhand = 125
*thus Net Reqd = 45* (Total Demand - Onhand)
Min order Qty = 150
Multiples = 25
Order Generated = 175

Check this out, it will solve your problem

Regards
Vishtaspa

--
With Regards,