As a C project, I would suggest that it might make sense for Axis2/C
to follow the lead of other major Apache C projects, such as APR and
httpd.  These two have fairly detailed versioning guidelines and
requirements, especially in relation to the promise of stable APIs
and ABIs, compile-time options, etc.:

http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html
I added version macros and functions for compile time and runtime checks looking how it was done it APR. I went through the APR versioning doc couple of times and I hope we could use as it is as our versioning guidelines.

Thanks,
Samisa...