Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

Damitha Kumarage wrote:

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

I see that AXIS2_IS_SVR_SIDE property is being added to figure out whether we are on client side or server side.

However, I have doubts if this would work as expected always.

Say, you have already build a conf context on server side, and create a service client to consume another service using the same context, from within a service. Now form that service client instance, when you access the property, it would look like as if you are on server side, but actually you are invoking a client.

How are we supposed to deal with such a situation?

Yes the problem you said is there when we use a conf_ctx created using build_conf_ctx function to create a service client. But if we restrict to use just axis2_svc_client_create() function then problem is solved :-\ . Can we do that?. Is there any gain in using that function except the save of resources in creating a new conf_ctx?

There are advantages of using the current conf context. Resource utilization is one. Also, there may b situations where you want to communicate the session info etc. through the shared context.

I understand that this property would be used in case of Sandesha. How does the Java guys do this?

Java guys don't need to worry about these things as they use hibernate.

Also, is the client db structure different form the server db structure?

server and client database structures are not different. But if we use server and client database same then there occurs file locking in sqlite. As I remember there is no problem with mysql when using same database for sever and client.
Damitha

Samisa...

Damitha

Samisa...