Steve Loughran wrote:

I am looking at the current axis fault stuff. Is anybody actively working on this, or am I free to add enhancements?

Specifically:

1. All the bits of a SOAPFAult, including random XML

easily added to AxisFault, along with headers. Can put this stuff in when an exception comes in; right now it is dropped on the floor.

2. Axis1 features: stack trace extractions, hostname, http error codes.

3. Tweak how we map from a java fault to a SOAPFault. If a fault says that it can provide a fault message then we ask it for it directly. This lets people's classes (like my BaseFault) generate my own fault with no intervention.

There is some fun here in that we have different faults for SOAP1.1 and SOAP1.2. So while I could ask for a fault, I have to decide whether it is 1.1 or 1.2. hmm.

public interface SoapFaultSource {

    /**
* The full SOAPFault to send back. This will become the body of a message.
     * @return the SOAPFault to return as the body of a message.
     */
    SOAPFault getSOAPFault();

    /**
     * Get any Headers to include in the message.
* @return an iterator over headers, or null for no headers of interest.
     */
    Iterator getHeaders();
}

WS-A says that addressing faults are handled differently, with most of the stuff in special headers, rather than just the body. How does Axis2 handle that in both generation and receipt? Maybe an AxisFault should have a header section where you can add new header elements for both outbound and inbound calls.

-steve