ok,
I guess I went overboard with my theory of strictly maintaining the
current docs in SVN (That's no reason to pull out that old builder
extension thing anyway :( ) but I guess I'm more biased to doing
things the right way rather than the easy way (which is unfortunately
not the same and sometimes the 'right' way is very subjective)
I'm (reluctantly) ok with having two versions of documents in the
xdocs however what I'm trying to convince the people is that it's not
the elegant solution. With all this technology around us (SVN,maven,
ant) we should be able to find a better solution than this :)
However I'm not maintaining the docs so it's not my call. May it be an
ugly solution, but if it suits the one who'll be really doing the
work, then let it be. Having said that we are yet to hear the opinion
of Chathra on this and I would say that is the conclusion of this
thread

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu