Hi all,
We have been preparing for the Axis2 1.1 release for some time... But
the release seems to take some more time..  We might need to do a
series of RC's before going to the final release.

Because of this I'm planning to create a branch for the axis2 1.1, so
that  developers who are developing new features towards future
releases will be able to continue their work without much trouble.

Before going ahead with the branching I would like if we can decide a
merging policy before hand.

Following are the two options that comes to my mind...
         1. Developers take the responsibility of merging their
relevant fixes to the 1.1 branch back to the trunk as an when the
things are committed to the trunk()..  But this will slow down the
development...  But I think we should do this at least for the fixes
which are not going to have effect on the other parts..

        2. Let the two branches develop independently.. Merge the two
after the 1.1 release... IMO this will be a real pain...

Comments???

~Thilina

--
http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/