Hi all,
I am opening a new mail thread related to the following one "HTTP connection
leak and other related issues" [1].
Since this became really long and hairy discussion I decided not to post
there this mail.

The use case
I want to point out a concrete use case I have. I want to reuse a HttpClient
among different instances of a clients which are executed in different
threads. Every client can make several invocations. The clients can call
different Web Services (WSs) deployed at different hosts/servers. As a
consequence every client may need to provide different authentication
Credentials and may need to support transport sessions using Cookies.

Both Credentials and Cookies are part of the HttpState. As a result the
HttpState associated with the HttpClient that is reused cannot be reused
that easily in the scenario described in the above lines. Credentials are
associated with a given host, port, realm and authentication schema (defines
the AuthScope object used as a key for the credentials Map part of the
HttpState).

Following is an excerpt from the AbstractHTTPSender#setAuthenticationInfo:

creds = new UsernamePasswordCredentials(username, password);
agent.getState().setCredentials(new AuthScope(host, port, realm), creds);

Credentials are kept into a Map and could be indentified uniquely from
client to client (thread to thread), but this Map is exposed to all clients
which reuse the HttpClient which is not a good idea.

The situation with the other member of the HttpState (i.e. Cookies) is
similar. When we have to *different* instances of a client (configured to
use cookies options.setManageSession(true)) calling one and the same WS's
operation then the effect is that both are sharing one JSESSIONID.

The proposal
The proposal is based on my question posted at
httpclient-us...@hc.apache.org [2]
The idea is to provide the capability to specify/associate a separate
HttpState with every client and still reuse one and the same HttpClient.
What you just need is to pass it as a parameter to the
HttpClient#executeMethod.
I decided that the HttpState should be kept into the ServiceContext. I did
all changes needed in Axis2 kernel (in fact they are really few) and added
the possibility to use a separate HttpState and invoke
HttpClient#executeMethod passing it as a parameter. The changes keep the
kernel backward compatible. I did and several tests and it looks good.

Please, give me your comments. Do you like this extension? If so I can
provide you with the changes and finally we can agree on committing them
into the kernel.

Thank you,
Dobri

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-dev@ws.apache.org/msg45787.html