+1; the response to changing a public API shouldn't be a request to create a
unit test to retain the API! Unit tests aren't meant to "save an API";
they're meant to test behavior.

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation;

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/