From: Nikita Tovstoles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:39 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: wsdl2java: why is "?wsdl" getting appended "service name" in
generated *.wsdd?

Hi,

I'm using java2wsdl, wsdl2java to expose a webservice. For some reason,
wsdl2java alters the name of the service by appending ?wsdl to the name
(see attached generated wsdl and wsdd files). Why is that?

Also, if I run deploy.wsdd, AdminServlet lists "SimDatacenter?wsdl"
(sic) as one of the services published, but when I click on "wsdl" link
(i.e. .../SimDatacenter?wsdl?wsdl), I get "No service available at this
URL". However, I am able to view WSDL of service "Version". Axis is part

of my web-app and Log4j is turned up to ALL, yet no axis-related error
messages in app server's log files appear, except for (apparently
no-big-deal server-config.wsdd not found" at start-up).

Is the second problem related to the renaming problem, or is it
something else? How can I go about tracking this down?

thanks
-nikita

Here are my ant tasks:

    <!-- generate web service xml and stubs -->
    <target name="generate-ws" depends="compile">
        <!-- produce WSDL from our java sources -->
        <axis-java2wsdl output="${ws.localfile}"
        location="${ws.url}"
        namespace="urn:SimDatacenter"
        classname="demolab.simdatacenter.service.SimDatacenter"
        classpath="build">
            <mapping namespace="urn:SimDatacenter"
package="demolab.simdatacenter.service"/>
            <mapping namespace="urn:SimDatacenter/types"
package="demolab.simdatacenter.common"/>
        </axis-java2wsdl>

        <!-- produce service-side stubs with wsdl2java -->
        <axis-wsdl2java
            serverside="true"
            skeletondeploy="true"
            deployscope="Session"
            output="scratch"
            verbose="true"

implementationclassname="demolab.simdatacenter.service.SimDatacenterImpl
"
            url="xml/SimDatacenterService.wsdl">
                <mapping namespace="urn:SimDatacenter"
package="demolab.simdatacenter.service"/>
                <mapping namespace="urn:SimDatacenter/types"
package="demolab.simdatacenter.common"/>
        </axis-wsdl2java>

        <!-- copy ws-generated sources into scratch -->
        <copy todir="${ws.generated.dir}">
            <fileset dir="scratch" includes="**/*SoapBinding*.java
**/SimDatacenterServic*.java"/>

        </copy>
        <copy todir="xml" flatten="true">
            <fileset dir="scratch"