I have a web service where I need to distinguish between "a value was not sent"
and "a value was sent and is nil", both to and from the server. If I have an
element of a complex type with a subelement where nillable="true" and
minOccurs="0" AXIS generates the attribute of the Java class, but there seems
to be no way to indicate for

        <xs:complexType name="ResourceType">
                <xs:complexContent>
                        <xs:extension base="pvOperational:PersonType">
                                <xs:sequence>
..
                                        <xs:element name="employerRef"
type="pvOperational:AgencyReferenceType" minOccurs="0" nillable="true"/>

that I want no employerRef or a nil employerRef, e.g.

<resource>
<employerRef xsi:nil="true"/>
</resource>

versus

<resource/>

In either case all I see in the proxy is an attribute employerRef that might or
might not be null.

Is this supported? JaxRPC is admittedly unclear on the point but it seems
pretty fundamental if you are dealing with database-based services to have null
indicators.

Peter