There was a proposal to improve Data binding for MTOM using ADB.. I
hope it's already implemented in the svn head..
Also Dennis is working on JIBX data binding with MTOM for Axis2...

On 4/7/06, gt1502 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2)
> In axis 1.x, when I used "multipart/related" in the "binding" section of my
> wsdl file, I got a DataHandlerHolder output parameter in the server skeleton
> class in the generated code. I could then attach a DataHandler to it and the
> file contents where sent to the client. In axis 2 with xmlbeans no such code
> is generated.

AFAIK  XMLBeans code generation maps xsd:base64Binary type with MIME
in to byte[].. XMLBeans don't let us handle pure binary content. So
there a performance catch when using it..

> 3)
> Is there any chance to "manually" attach binaries via MTOM when using
> generated java code? (Of course, I could do so by modifying the generated
> Message Receiver, but I don't think this is a good Idea since changing the
> wsdl and regenerating would make it necessary to redo those modifications. )

See my above comments about ADB MTOM support...

> 4)
> finally, I tried to send my binary data "inline" as type xsd:base64Binary.
> Data was sent encoded but was not properly decoded on the client side. No
> wonder, since no type information is sent in doc/lit style.
Are you trying to access them using omText.getDataHandler()... In that
case you need to do omText.setBinary(true); before calling the
getDataHandler()..

~Thilina

--
"May the SourcE be with u"