Show us your code and a stacktrace, and maybe we can help.
java,util.Date is part of our junit tests, which are part of the src
distro:

http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/axis2-std-SNAPSHOT-src.zip

modules/integration/test/org/apache/axis2/rpc/RPCCallTest.java

Take a look at testCalender() .

HTH,
Robert