First, I never said that I'm against moving the UDP transport to WS- Commons. Actually I'm in favor of doing this.

Second, if I remember well, the decision was to say that transports that are relevant only to Synapse should remain there. This is a somewhat vague definition and AFAIK the list of the transports to be moved has never been clearly defined and I don't have the slightest idea why the list of transport that have been moved up to now is limited to mail and JMS.

Finally, I always said that before moving the Synapse transports, we should first establish a plan for this. After several months of inactivity the code was moved in a hurry without this kind of plan. We can see the result now: there are all kinds of discussions that could have been settled before the move.

Andreas