I use rampart 1.4 sample policy/sample02 and deployed in Tomcat and run client.

Stack:
2009-02-14 11:02:24,819 [http-8080-1] INFO
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference  - Verification successful for URI
"#Id-33320514"
2009-02-14 11:02:24,819 [http-8080-1] INFO
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference  - Verification successful for URI
"#Timestamp-9838079"
2009-02-14 11:02:24,866 [http-8080-1] ERROR org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine
- The certificate used for the signature is not trusted
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The certificate used for the signature is not
trusted
        at
org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver.setFaultCodeAndThrowAxisFault(RampartReceiver.java:166)
        at
org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver.invoke(RampartReceiver.java:99)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:317)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:264)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:163)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:133)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.rampart.RampartException: The certificate used for the
signature is not trusted
        at
org.apache.rampart.PolicyBasedResultsValidator.validate(PolicyBasedResultsValidator.java:174)
        at org.apache.rampart.RampartEngine.process(RampartEngine.java:204)
        at
org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver.invoke(RampartReceiver.java:92)
        ... 19 more
2009-02-14 11:02:24,897 [http-8080-1] INFO
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet  - org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
Error in extracting message
properties
2009-02-14 11:06:47,945 [http-8080-1] INFO
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference  - Verification successful for URI
"#Id-33320514"
2009-02-14 11:06:47,945 [http-8080-1] INFO
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference  - Verification successful for URI
"#Timestamp-9838079"

service.xml
<service name="SignedHeaderBody">
        <description>
        Podpisemo header in body, ni pa kriptiran
    </description>
        <operation name="echo">
                <messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
        </operation>
        <operation name="sestej">
        <messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
    </operation>
        <parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="false">rampart1_4.sample02.service.PojoService</parameter>

        <module ref="rampart" />
        <module ref="addressing" />

policy ...

</service>

policy config:

<wsp:Policy wsu:Id="SigOnly"
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd";
xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy";>
        <wsp:ExactlyOne>
                <wsp:All>
                        <sp:AsymmetricBinding
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy";>
                                <wsp:Policy>
                                        <sp:InitiatorToken>
                                                <wsp:Policy>
                                                        <sp:X509Token
sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient";>
                                                                <wsp:Policy>

<sp:RequireThumbprintReference/>

<sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
                                                                </wsp:Policy>
                                                        </sp:X509Token>
                                                </wsp:Policy>
                                        </sp:InitiatorToken>
                                        <sp:RecipientToken>
                                                <wsp:Policy>
                                                        <sp:X509Token
sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/Never";>
                                                                <wsp:Policy>

<sp:RequireThumbprintReference/>

<sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
                                                                </wsp:Policy>
                                                        </sp:X509Token>
                                                </wsp:Policy>
                                        </sp:RecipientToken>
                                        <sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                                                <wsp:Policy>
                                                        <sp:TripleDesRsa15/>
                                                </wsp:Policy>
                                        </sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                                        <sp:Layout>
                                                <wsp:Policy>
                                                        <sp:Strict/>
                                                </wsp:Policy>
                                        </sp:Layout>
                                        <sp:IncludeTimestamp/>
                                        <sp:OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody/>
                                </wsp:Policy>
                        </sp:AsymmetricBinding>
                        <sp:Wss10
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy";>
                                <wsp:Policy>
                                        <sp:MustSupportRefKeyIdentifier/>
                                        <sp:MustSupportRefIssuerSerial/>
                                </wsp:Policy>
                        </sp:Wss10>
                        <sp:SignedParts
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy";>
                                <sp:Body/>
                        </sp:SignedParts>
                        <ramp:RampartConfig
xmlns:ramp="http://ws.apache.org/rampart/policy";>
                                <ramp:user>client</ramp:user>

<ramp:encryptionUser>service</ramp:encryptionUser>

<ramp:passwordCallbackClass>rampart1_4.sample02.client.SecurityHandler</ramp:passwordCallbackClass>

                                <ramp:signatureCrypto>
                                        <ramp:crypto
provider="org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin">
                                                <ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type">JKS</ramp:property>
                                                <ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file">E:/IDE/eclipse-BIRT/eclipse/workspace/Axis2/client_conf_02/client.jks</ramp:property>
                                                <ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password">apache</ramp:property>
                                        </ramp:crypto>
                                </ramp:signatureCrypto>
                        </ramp:RampartConfig>
                        <!-- pass=apache -->
                </wsp:All>
        </wsp:ExactlyOne>
</wsp:Policy>

Is there any additional configuration in axis2 for rampart, I only include
module <module ref="rampart"/>

Regards, Tomaz

Nandana Mihindukulasooriya wrote:
> Can you post the full tomcat stack trace ? Expected behavior is to send
> a SOAP Fault in this scenario. Seems something goes wrong in the fault flow.
>
> thanks,
> nandana
>
> 2009/2/14 TomazM <tomaz.majerh...@arnes.si
> <mailto:tomaz.majerh...@arnes.si>>
>
>     I want it to return an XML that shows the SOAP Fault returned, so
>     the client understand,  how can I achieve this?
>
>     I have situation:
>     java 1.6_10
>     Tomcat 6.0.18
>     axis2_1_4
>     rampart 1.4
>
>     Client send soap message with wrong signed key and rampart return
>     the response is html, more precisely I get Tomcat response:
>
>     HTTP Status 500
>     The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
>     fulfilling this request.
>

>     In axis2 log:
>
>     ERROR org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine  - The certificate used for
>     the signature is not trusted
>

>     Is there any configuration of service or rampart to return SOAP xml
>     message with fault response:'The certificate used for the signature
>     is not
>     trusted' or fault_code so the client could read this message?
>

>     Regards, Tomaz
>

> --
> Nandana Mihindukulasooriya
> WSO2 inc.
>
> http://nandana83.blogspot.com/
> http://www.wso2.org

begin:vcard
fn:Tomaz Majerhold
n:Majerhold;Tomaz
org:ARNES, Slovenian NREN;Development team
adr:;;Jamova 39;Ljubljana;Ljubljana;1000;Slovenia
email;internet:tomaz.majerh...@arnes.si
title:Developer
tel;work:+386 14798930
tel;fax:+386 1 479 88 99