hi,
thanks for your reply but I still see  some problems

1) if I understand correctly WSDDHandler API let me set parameters
declaratively in server-config.wsdd or client-config.wsdd files.
Unfortunately I don't know what my parameters' values should be during
deployment, there is some business logic involved in calculating my
parameters hence the values for my parameters are available only as a
runtime values. Perhaps I could create my own implementation of this class
but I suspect that I'd have to do a lot of changes to AXIS engine itself in
order to use it. What's more I would have to further customize my generated
stubs in order to pass my parameters' values to a new handler. All I want to
do is pass some parameter along with it's value from a stub to some
registered axis handler. And what's your opinion about putting additional
header's to my soap envelope (e.g ... myParam=log2 )? Is it safe and more
importantly could it break server implementation of the WebService ?  (e.g.
incorrect SOAP envelope e.t.c)

2) I like the idea with optional parameter as an array but again I'm only a
client of some WS. As such, WSDL file I got is pretty closed (I can't do any
changes to it as it would probably cause problems on the server side).

I've already read Axis Architecture Guide but couldn't find any solution to
my problem

--
Greg Stasica