Tom Jordahl wrote:

> Axis will generate the WSDL from the Java classes.  This is not guaranteed to
>exactly match the WSDL those classes were generated from, although they should be
>functionally equivalent.
>
> You can specify the <wsdlFile>/path/to/file</wsdlFile> attribute for the service in
>the server-config.wsdd if you want the WSDL to be static.
>
> I took a look at the StreetAddress definitions, and the only difference I saw was
>the nillable="true" attribute.  This is because the Java String objects can have a
>null value, so Java2WSDL specifies that in the WSDL.

  I filed a bug report where the java class has (I think) 6 overloaded methods, the
on-the-fly generation of the wsdl had 7 methods, with two being functionally identical.

  An inexact match is one thing, but there are ways to get it to be completely off.

  I doubt the supplied wsdl for this thread is an example though.