Title: Message
Have you used a tool like org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon to see what's getting passed?
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 11:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Return Value in a SOAPEnvelope

Okay, I tried it in Java and I just keep getting null. I tried casting it as an RPCElement, but I don't think it is one. Any other Ideas?

John

At 07:06 AM 3/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:

I think you need to cast the result of next() to MessageElement:

MessageElement elem = mySOAPENv.getFirstBody().getChildElements().next();
String value = elem.getValue();

Betsy