Mitch Gitman wrote:
Right, refer to the "Forgive me..." message which I sent out five minutes
later when I realized this.

yeah, I caught that

I'm still wondering about the apparent existing support for java.util.List and the like. It seems to me that Java2WSDL should generate an exception when it comes across a collection class that stores java.lang.Object instances.

That is one thing wrong with collections; you cannot state in advance their type, and the thing at the far end cannot deal with arbitrary java objects.

If you go
return (Foo)list.toArray(new Foo[0]);
You can turn a list to an array in a snap. A fromArray() would be nice to match it.

However, there is meant to be something in soap where you do say you are returning an Object and the type is passed in the envelope at run time. I dont know the exact details...