One problem with your WSDL is that two of the elements in your Con type
reference a type (impl:ArrayOf_soapenc_string) that hasn't been defined:

<element name="products" nillable="true"
type="impl:ArrayOf_soapenc_string"/>
<element name="areas" nillable="true" type="impl:ArrayOf_soapenc_string"/>

As a result, any operation that exchanges the Con type or the ArrayOfCon
type won't work. You need to add a type definition for this type. (or add
addition typeMapping definitions in the wsdd for your string arrays.)

I assume that Axis generated a different namespace for the Con and
ArrayOfCon types because of your custom type mapping.

There's no problem with including an element called "con" within a complex
type called "Con".

It's generally a bad idea to use overloaded methods with SOAP. Each SOAP
implementation handles them somewhat differently.

Do you still have the WSDL definition that Workshop generated? I suggest you
start your Axis project with the WSDL file rather than with your application
code.

I also suggest that you switch to document/literal rather than rpc/encoded,
but from your last response, I gather that you're not interested in making
any significant changes.

Anne