Better yet- look at the WSDL2Java batch file, it has all the
dependencies in it.

Marika Ludmann wrote:

> *I am new to Axis and Web services development. I have however done
> web development (JSP, Servlets). I also done some web service
> development in .NET.*
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> *I need to create a web service and client and service using Java and
> I am trying to (need to) use Axis.*
>
> *I am also using JBOSS to deploy the application.*
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> *I have downloaded AXIS-1_1 and set the class path for the jars as
> instructed. I did not install it as it said that I could just include
> the .jars in my .war file *
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> *I have several WSDL documents on which my webservice I am trying to
> build, is based on.*
>
> *I realise I can use the Axis WSDL2Java tool to create proxy and
> skeleton classes .*
>
> * *
>
> *But when I try to run the command and get  the exception:*
>
> * *
>
> *C:\>java org.apache.axis.wsdl*
>
> * *
>
> *.WSDL2Java MyClient.wsdl*
>
> * *
>
> *Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:*
>
> *org/apache/commons/di*
>
> * *
>
> *scovery/tools/DiscoverSingleton*
>
> * *
>
> *        at*

*org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:84*

> * *
>
> *)*
>
> * *
>
> *        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)*

> * *
>
> *        at*

*org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory*

> * *
>
> *.java:80)*
>
> * *
>
> *        at*

*org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java*

> * *
>
> *:72)*
>
> * *
>
> *        at*

*org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle.<clinit>(ProjectResourceBu*

> * *
>
> *ndle.java:92)*
>
> * *
>
> *        at*

*org.apache.axis.i18n.MessagesConstants.<clinit>(MessagesConstants.jav*

> * *
>
> *a:71)*
>
> *        at org.apache.axis.utils.Messages.<clinit>(Messages.java:75)*
>
> * *
>
> *        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.<clinit>(WSDL2Java.java:99)*

> * *
>
> * What do I need to do, where do I need to run this command? Do I need

> to install Axis on the server and then start the server, before I can
> run the command?*
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> *Any help appreciated.*
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> *Marika Ludmann*
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> **/Marika Ludmann/**
>
> **/KTP Associate/**
>
> **/Zeraxis - University of Greenwich/**
>
> * *

Hi,
Try to add to your classpath commons discovery
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/discovery/) and it'll work better I
think.

Karim