On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 15:37, balint...@gmail.com <balint...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You can not be serious. Im not fan of moving away from the Gnome project
> at all, but sticking with compiz was one of the best descisions made in
> ubuntu so far.

For example the "Cube" was an outstanding feature. People used to come to
my house to watch me showcasing it.

Compiz is not yet as mature as Metacity was at it's finest times, but it
contains visionary ideas ans pioneering thought, already implemented well
beyond "proof of concept".

> Unity is noticeably MUCH faster even on my low-spec netbook. Mutter uses
> 20% of cpu with falf the frame rate on it, while Compiz eats about 5%. Who
> cares about memory consumption on a software where speed matters most?

 What matters is appliance, and Unity is taking Ubuntu there. With Compiz
under the hood, Unity is beginning to mature quite rapidly, imo.