Con tu permiso, mando el abstract del paper que citas.

Journal of Latin American Studies (2000),
32:115-144 Cambridge University Press
Copyright © 2000 Cambridge University Press
Research Article

Contesting Hybridity: Evangelistas and Kataristas in Highland Bolivia (fn1)
ANDREW CANESSA Lecturer a1
(a1) Department of Sociology, University of Essex

Abstract

Two of the most striking aspects of social change in recent decades in Latin
America have been the rise of indigenist movements and the spread of
evangelical Protestantism. To date they have been analysed separately, but
this article shows that a comparison of the two in the context of Bolivia
can prove highly productive. Although in many respects evangelismo and
katarismo are diametrically opposed, there are some striking similarities.
They draw their adherents from the same social base, undermine the notion of
a homogeneous nation-state and also clearly reject the position of cultural
mestizaje at the root of Bolivian state ideology. Thus, at a time when
'hybridised' cultural forms are supposed to be becoming more common in Latin
America and around the world, these two social movements explicitly contest
hybridity.

(fn1): A version of this paper was presented at the Society of Latin
American Studies Conference in St Andrews in the Spring of 1997. I am
grateful to Jane Hindley, Valerie Fraser, Mike Roper and Juliana
Ströbele-Gregor for comments on earlier drafts as well as the helpful
suggestions of two anonymous reviewers. Any errors are, of course, my
responsibility.

Vaya, en el ILCA parece existir un relacion muy
fuerte con St.Andrews  :)

Alex Condori