Hello Ginny,
One of the most confusing parts of Portuguese genealogy is the usage of
multiple names.  In one family, all the children may have different last
names.  The names could belong to the father, the mother, a  great
grandmother maternal, a great grandfather maternal, any combination of names
you can think of, this is something we don't see here in the USA.

The Portuguese also used double  and sometimes even triple last names.  My
grand father was known as Antonio Oliveira and Antonio Oliveira Soares, and
Antonio Soares. All of which were considered his legal name.

In Somerset, which is an old Yankee community.  The Town Clerk registered
the child as Rosa Viera. The clerk probably wasn't interested in double last
names as it wasn't something they were used to.  So, I don't think your Rosa
was married prior to her marriage to Jose Vincent.  She carried a double
last name.  When you have researched that line you will see where those two
last names came from.

As an aside to the clerks registering the births of children, this is a TRUE
story that happened in Somerset.

My cousin's birth at the beginning of the 1920's was registered by his
Azorean parents.  When he went to get a birth certificate from the Town
Clerk, he was amazed to find out what was listed on the certificate.

He was listed as "Probably William Soares".  It took alot of paper work to
correct his birth certificate.

Did Rosa have a brother named William or other siblings?  I didn't find any.
Sometimes you can get to where you want to be by tracing a sibling.
I also didn't find that family in any of the census.

About the "blessed oil", you will have to ask the more informed people on
the list about it.  Also, someone should know what church is located at that
address, I'm sorry I don't.
Good luck, Theresa