Hi Christine
Most of my family are from the Island of Terceira.  The story  that was told
to me was my G-grandfather family moved to and from Terceira to  Brazil for
work, he and maybe one other brother or sister was born in  Brazil.  I was told
my G-grandfather Antonio Machado Evangelho was born in  Brazil and moved back
to Terceira at the age of 2 years old, he grew up in the  village of
Ribeirinha,Terceira, he left the village at the age of about 18 to 20  years
old and
move to the USA, and lived and moved around in the State of CA and  died in
Santa Cruz, CA.  his wife, my G-grandmother was also from the  village of
Ribeirinha and moved to the USA at the age of 17 and married my  G-grandfather.
 Now
for the name of Evangelho yes it could have been change  as it was changed a
few times in the USA. When he came to America he was listed  as Antonio Machado
Evangecho and when he was in the states he had to register  for the Army for
WW1 and it was put down as Antonio Machado Evanglieo and when  he got his
worked her and got his SS# he was listed rest of his life as  Evangelo, I did
find
a brother that come to this country too and he was listed  as Jose Machado
Evangelho and there are many Evangelho in CA area.  Also I  am not that I know
of
related to the Pico Macedos.  But as someone once  stated either on this site
or another one that we are all related some how or  another if we came from
the Islands.
Thanks

Bob Camacho
Researching the Island of Terceira for
da  Costa, Evangelho, Pacheco, Ferriera
Researching the Island of Graciousa  for
Reis
Researching the Island of Madeira for
Camacho
Researching  Brazil for
Evangelho
**************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)