In a message dated 6/10/2009 1:06:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bettybo...@northrock.bm writes:
> Hi I am new to this group. My Grandparents were both from Azores (Sao
> Miguel) I am not sure of the spelling. My grandmother's name was Maria
> St Peter Mendes. She was born on June 29, 1889 and left the Azores
> when she was 21 years old on a ship sailing for California to live
> with an Aunt. Instead she met a family with twin boys named David &
> Abel Madeiros and came to Bermuda to care for them. She met my
> grandfather in Bermuda he was also from the Azores who was a widower
> with to children Esther age 7 and Manuel age 5. Their surname was
> Madeiros. I am not sure if his name was Manuel Moniz or Manuel
> Madeiros Moniz, born on October 11, 1876. Out of their marriage they
> had 4 children 3 boys and 1 girl. There names are Joe Moniz, William
> Moniz, (my father deceased), David Moniz and Angie GreeneIf anyone has
> any information about my grandparents or if I have any relatives in
> the Azores I would love to hear from you.
I'm afraid I don't know anything about your family. However, I know that
your grandmother was originally Maria de São Pedro, and the reason why she was
so named is because her birthday, June 29, is the feast of the Apostles
Peter and Paul.