I have consulted the Books of Marriages of Ribeira Quente, from 19 May 1833
to 18 Oct 1900 (555 marriages) and I have found this nicknames as names:

- Carrossas(wagons), Fonfinha (Fluffy?), Preto (Black), Bonito (Beautiful),
Quieto(Still), Benfeito (well  manufactured), Cidade(City),
Rozenina(son/daughter of a woman named Rosa)

- Mello Mellão (Mello Melon), Mello Piné (?), Mello Pedreiro (Mello
Stonemason), Mello Gafanhoto (Mello Grasshopper).

Also I have not found any PINHEIRO…

Eliseu