Hi,
 
I haven't done any research beyond my dad's family who came from Capelo,  
Fayal, Azores thru RI and then on to California.  My aunt Constance  
(Constancia (dad's younger sister) married Frank (Francisco Brum) upon leaving  
the 
Azores approx 1924 and then on to California same year bringing an  infant 
son, Frank.  They resided in Ripon/Escalon, CA and had 2 more sons,  Joseph 
and George.  Francisco and Constancia, as I understand it, were  first 
cousins.  My paternal grandmother was Maria de Coracao de Jesus  Brum.  My 
dad's 
father was Jose Correia da Rosa  Silveira.   Dad had 11 brothers and sisters. 
 Half the  brothers had the last name of da Silva, Silva, Silvia and the 
other  half were Rose.  Very complicated when you had two full brothers  
living in the same town explaining they were not half brothers.   I guess this 
was very common.
 
I read all of your e-mails and am envious as to how far back you've  all 
gone.  I keep hoping I'll see some connection to my family.   Needless to say 
I need to work much harder.
 
Laura   [email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected])  
 
 
 
 
 
In a message dated 7/24/2009 11:46:18 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email protected] writes:

 

"E"
 
I found the manifest you are mentioning.
 
I found John (Joao) living in Plymouth, Massachusetts on the 1900 and  1910 
censuses.  I find his two youngest children living with Joseph S.  Luis and 
Mary Luis in Hanford, Kings, California on the 1920 census.  I  think Mary 
is John's sister.
 
I found that John's wife Priscilla died in childbirth on June 27, 1913 in  
Plymouth, Massachusetts.
 
I can not understand why the manifest would have California and not  
Massachusetts on it.
 
It looks as if he went to get Maria Pinheiro to bring her to  California.
 
Evidently he does have a California connection.
 
Just found a Joao S Brown arriving in Boston on April 25, 1890 on  the 
Sarah going to California.
 
Do you think these two Joao's are one and the same? 
 
Anybody have any Brum ancestors?
 
Thankjs.
 
Carmen
 




 
____________________________________
 From: "[email protected]"  <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]; carmen  furtado <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:38:59  PM
Subject:  [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: BRUM in Fayal, azores

Carmen, 

I  found a Joao S. Brum 41, under Nationality, it says U. S. A., sailing on 
the  S. S. Cretic from Sao Miguel March 25, 1913, last permanent residence 
Pedro  Miguel, Faial, , going to San Jose CA. It says his Certificate was 
taken in  Monterey County, CA. What is strange it says he was born in Sao 
Miguel, but  where it lists city or town, there is just a line there. The 
person 
next to  him on the list is a Maria Pinheiro leaving her aunt Francisca 
Delfina,Pedro  Miguel was bon in Pedro Miguel?? It think he went back and forth 
more than  once. Will keep looking if you think this is him.  

"E"







**************A bad credit score is 600 & below. Checking won't affect your 
score. See now! 
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585106x1201462830/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgI
D=62&bcd=JulyBadfooterNO62)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to