In a message dated 8/24/2009 7:21:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gfsche...@gmail.com writes:
> Elaine (and others who want to know):
>
> Records from Sao Miguel (or any island) from 1914:
> I don't know anyone who has obtained a record from the church.
Dear Cheri:

I've obtained records from  parish churches on S. Miguel. However, you
usually have to know the priest personally, or have a cousin in the village who
will ask the priest for the record you need. Otherwise, more often than not,
forget it!

John